YIELD: Makes about 6 dozen.
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup (packed) golden brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups dried cherries (about 6 ounces)….I used Dried Tart Cherries
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips (about 8 1/2 ounces)
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans (about 4 1/2 ounces)
Preheat oven to 375°F. Line 2 large rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.
Sift first 3 ingredients into medium bowl. Using electric mixer or food processor, beat butter in large bowl until fluffy. Add both sugars and beat until blended. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, then vanilla. Add dry ingredients and beat just until blended. Using spatula, stir in cherries, white chocolate chips, and nuts.
Drop dough by heaping tablespoonfuls onto prepared sheets, spacing 1/2 inches apart.
Convection Oven: Bake for 9-11 minutes.
*The recipe freezes very well. I cut frozen cookie dough into a little more than 1″ squares and baked for the full 11 minutes/convection. I had 12 cookies per cookie sheet.
(For Standard Oven preheat to 375F, Bake cookies until just golden about 16-18 minutes!)